Sunday, March 9, 2008

Back to the Beginning!


Upon completion of the bachelor's degrees at dear old SUU little did we anticipate the day when we would find ourselves returning to the place which holds fond memories and dear friends. That moment though, came a calling when Devin was accepted into the Masters of Education program. Surely they were impressed by his resume which consisted of accelades that ranged from Dare graduate to winner of the Redmen Pride award in the month of March 1999 at Cedar High School! Whatever the reason they ventured on accepting this fine scholar, he is just grateful for the chance to pursue his education. SUU's education program is wonderful and will help him become a better teacher in the classroom. Devin will begin the program in the summer of 2008. Thanks to modern communication he will be taking classes from right across the street at the high school. Surely this brings sorrow to the mother in Cedar City who spent many a lunch with her favorite son watching "Matlock" and having a bowl of soup in his former college days at SUU. From now on he would like to be called, "Master" Esplin. Go T-Birds!

3 comments:

Stan and Mel said...

Sorry Devin, I cannot call you "Master" until you actually have received your masters degree :) How are you doing? I found your blog off Alayna's. I love that you are in Emery county...that's where DeAnn's husband is from. I am glad that you lived up to your dream of being a seminary teacher--our little seminary president.
Check out our blog at stanandmelanie.blogspot.com. I would love to stay in touch!
Oh and I am sure that winning the Redmen Pride award definitely gave you an edge when the masters admissions committee was deciding to let you into the program! I'm sure it is what got me into pharmacy school :)

The Adventures of Jakers said...

Congrats you guys. I'm really excited for you. When are you going to find out what that little baby is?

Ryan Esplin said...

No, I think I'll just start calling you "Master Dork".

Congratulations and good luck,