Friday, March 6, 2009

Grandma Glenna

On March 2, I was thinking so much about Grandma Glenna.  It is crazy how time flies and how much change occurs in such a short time.  I wanted to write a little note to say how much I love her and miss her being here.  It's hard to think that Parker doesn't get to be with her here, but I believe that she took care of him before he came to us.  She had to get him ready and he needed to get to know her before he entered our home on earth.  

Grandma was always taking care of us and supporting us in everything we did.  Grandpa and she would travel to all our games and cheer their hearts out.  Grandma usually got so nervous that she had to pace around the gym.  

While growing up, they picked us up from school every day.  Before going home we HAD to get a treat.  It was either a stop at Swift's for a candy bar a drink, or over to Fausett's for an ice cream cone with sprinkles.  These things were a small showing of her constant giving heart.  

I am always reminded of her sweet and beautiful face as I walk into our office.  Her young, beautiful drawing the was done for her was given to me before she died.  When I was little I would always look at it in her and house and say that I wanted to keep it.  She honored that wish and now it hangs in my house today as a constant reminder of her and who she is as one amazing woman of God.

I love you Grandma and can't wait to be with you again!
    


2 comments:

Trina and Wes said...

Hi! Long story short, we found you! Crazy huh?! I was reading about your grandma and I too am glad that we will be together again on the other side. That brings so much comfort. And your baby....sooooooo cute! Looks like you guys are doing great. Isn't being a mom the BEST!!!! Feel free to check us out.

Cammie said...

Time is a strange thing and it's a miracle that any of us survive without our grandma's here on earth. She was one of a kind for sure. It made me smile to remember her pacing the gym!