Wednesday, April 29, 2009

It's Gotta Come Out


             Let's do this!

Gallbladder's are overrated or in Melissa's case aren't even in the body any more.  Starting in July Melissa has been having Gallbladder attacks and was recently detected and determined that it had to come out.  Dr. Cox at Castle View hospital performed the surgery that went very well.  Melissa was a lightweight when it came to the "happy gas" as they had to pull back on the dosage when she stopped breathing on her own (apparently nothing to worry about???).  In just over an hour the surgery was complete and by 1 PM was being wheeled out of the hospital.  

          Still in one piece but minus an organ!

Helpless but supportive was her loving husband who made sure the "pink ladies" kept the powder donuts a comin' (for that loving husband of course!).  I made my mark after 4 donuts and a few glasses of cranberry juice.

A week later Melissa has proved to be one tough cookie.  No she isn't doing summersaults but she is up and at em eager to dive into a long neglected double stuff oreo cookie and milk.  


3 comments:

Advice from Ordinary People Flourishing Together said...

That sucks, but I am glad that you are prioritizing with doughnuts and Oreo's. Seriously, those are a must on any "get better" plan.

Cammie said...

I can't wait to see the pictures!!

Christy said...

I'm disappointed. I was hoping for a picture of the doctor holding the gallbladder, the way I have my doctor hold up my newborn baby and take a picture of them together... ;)