Saturday, July 9, 2011

First 5K of the Season


It is official...we are in it for the long haul. This 4thof July Huntington Heritage Days run kicked off the racing season for me. It will be the first of many, hopefully, until we hit our half marathon in September. It made me so excited and nervous toget out and race instead of running for fun in the mornings each day as we train.
I was so happy to have my sis, Britt, home for the weekend to jump in with me and my great friend Amanda to push me along. My "boys" are the best to keep me going and be my constant cheerleaders.
This is a whole different adrenaline rush than sprinting was in my younger years. I love it and love the motivation it gives me to work towards a new goal to accomplish.

1 comment:

The Christians said...

7 is heaven, I agree. Are you running the Cedar half? You have a beautiful family.