Sunday, December 18, 2011

Boxing Glove? - Brock burn

I received a phone call that went something like this:

"Devin, don't be worried, but I am in the ER."

Silence on my end.

"Brock burned his hand but he is ok."

Silence on my end, but screaming in the background on the other.

I got in the car and headed over to see the damage. Upon entering the ER there Brock was, after two hours of straight screaming (don't know if he has screamed that much total time in his entire first year!), cuddled up with Aunt Brittany. I then got the story.

Amidst the business of Christmas cookie making, Brock had crawled over to the fire place and in an instant had burned his hand (resulting in screaming, from multiple sources, and a second degree burn that covered a majority of his palm, and the tips of his fingers).

Upon treatment and a wrap that resembled a boxing glove, Brock was right back at crawling, as if nothing had happened. Thank goodness for tough kids and caring family who are nursing him back to health.

Oh, and by the way, the cooking of the cookies continued!!




2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Oh poor baby Brock! So sad! Sorry that happened but I'm glad he's okay.

Christy said...

Poor baby! :(