Sunday, December 4, 2011

Testimony

Mom loves to bear her testimony.

Parker watches.

Mom bore her testimony today.

Parker watches, and apparently listens and wants to follow.

Parker had a sacred Sunday. It began as he put on his "missionary clothes" that he insists on wearing every Sunday. It continued as he reverently partook of the sacrament by making sure he used the "right" hand. He anxiously sustained new callings with his "right hand". When the testimony meeting began he listened to the testimonies. Shortly after listening to mom bear testimony and hearing the testimony of other children he said, "I want to bear my testimony." Hesitant for fear that he would make a scene at the microphone we told him that maybe next time. He kept insisting as we laid the rules down. If he were to bear his testimony he would do it alone and we practiced what could be in a testimony. After agreeing to the deal he sheepishly walked up the steps and sat by Bishop Labrum. Having waited his turn he promptly walked up to the podium, moved the step stool over himself, and began to bear his testimony:

"I like to bear my testimony. I want to be a missionary. I like President Monson, President Sharp (Stake President), and Bishop Labrum. I'm thankful for Joseph Smith. I want to be a missionary (2nd time). In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

Dad was relieved, and mom was in tears. Parker sat back down by Bishop for a minute before returning for his congratulations.

Mom bears her testimony.

Parker bears his testimony.

Dad watches, listens, and is grateful for such wonderful testimonies (and later shares his in Priesthood).

1 comment:

The Christians said...

That is so sweet, and he is so young, I would also be in tears.