Friday, September 26, 2008

THE WORST MOM!


Do you ever feel like the worst mom ever?  After this little incident, I sure did.  I wanted to cry more than he did.  There might have been a few tears shed.  :(  I felt horrible.  Well, he was fast asleep in my arms and I was looking at his hands.  I noticed that his fingernails were way too long.  So, being the good mom that I am, I decided to cut them.  I was doing pretty good until the big thumbnail.  I thought I had the clippers under the nail.  I did, but apparently I had some of his little skin, too.  I clipped and then heard a burst of crying.  It didn't last long.  Thank goodness for a great sleeper.  Don't worry because more crying came later as I cleaned it off and bandaged it.  By that time Devin was home and I made him hold him while I mended the wound.  By looking at Devin's face you would have thought I killed him.  Well, needless to say, I felt like the worst mother on the planet!  I'm glad I have a tough son!

4 comments:

Cammie said...

I know the feeling...There are far worse things! But it does feel like the end of the world when something like that happens. I feel your pain.

The Adventures of Jakers said...

I know how you feel! I did the same thing to Jake. Good thing kids are resilient...and forgetful!!! By the way...I took Jake in to get his pictures taken, and a girl named Karly(I think) took them. She said she did your guys' wedding pics. Small world aye!

Gale Family said...

Same here, I did it too. Boy did I cry like crazy. Haven't done it since. Parker is so dang cute. I wish we lived closer to come see. We are acutally going to be in Cedar this next weekend. If you happen to be around give us a call. Love you guys.

Advice from Ordinary People Flourishing Together said...

I have also done that and vowed to never cut their fingernails again. I seriously made James do it to the twins for like 4 months. I got way braver and now fingernails are no longer a problem. I seriously think I should get an award or something! He is way cute and it is so good to see you guys doing awesome. Congrats on the beautiful little boy.