Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Pinata!


What a tradition!  Since joining the Pollastro family I have been a participant in one of the grandest traditions known to mankind - the pinata!!!  Each year at Christmas (and on an occasional birthday) the family gathers round in love and harmony and watches members of the family take turns beating a paper mache creature hanging from a broomstick while blindfolded. In the past it has been filled with toys, games, and treats galore with an occasional surprise (our birth announcement last year!)  This years experience was great as I watched my nephew Carter "massage" the toy filled animal with the stick.  I say "massage" because compared to his sister Cali's vicious attack it was just that, a massage.  Parker even got his first swing at this grand tradition.  What a great tradition this is that I continue to look forward to.  I will start working Parker's muscles for next years festivities!


4 comments:

Lamb Family said...

Hello Melissa! This is Shelley Brown Lamb! It was so fun to come across your blog! You look great and your little boy is adorable!

NATALIE AND RYKER said...

Hey Melissa! I dont know if you remember me but this is Natalie, I saw your blog on Krusts so I thought I would take a peek:) Your family is so beautiful! hope all is well.

Cammie said...

Oh, the anger filled joy!!!

Jinger said...

the best tradition ever for sure!