Monday, July 19, 2010

A new discovery

Feeling like a neglectful mom today, I decided to try something new. I hopped on the computer and pulled up some recipes for homemade play dough. As you would guess, many sites came up, so I just grabbed the first one and went for it. Parker was excited even though he didn't know why, but I was excited so I guess it rubbed off. Anyway, I let him pour in the ingredients and we started mixing. We added a little too much water and the consistency was a little too sticky. As you can tell.
I cleaned up what he had flung around everywhere, washed him off and then added a bit more flour to make it a little less sticky. That is when the fun began. I hid some dice and let him find them. He thought that was pretty cool once he found them, and then he would have to hide them again. After being a little bored with that I started making balls for snowmen, and then rolling them out to make snakes. Once he heard snake, that is what he was stuck on from then on. He wanted me to keep making snakes of all sizes.
I am glad we could have a little fun and liven things up a bit for once in the house. I need to not be so boring all the time and let things go to spend more time like this with Parker before this time is gone. I had fun and I know he did too! If you have any fun/creative ideas to do with a two year old send them my way. I will gladly take more suggestions!

1 comment:

Kaylee said...

Ok, so with every new family I babysit I do a couple of things.

-make fruit loop necklaces (pretty simple)

and

-SHAVING CREAM!!!!!!! So you get tinfoil and lay it down on the table (on top of newspaper). It also is a good soap for some tables and will make them shine, but I just put tinfoil down. It depends on how much you want to clean up.... Anyways.. You spray a wad of shaving cream (or whipped cream) on their tinfoil (or the table) and let them get messy, play with it, and HAVE FUN!!! BEWARE: IT IS MESSY
Call me if you have any questions!!!!!