Friday, July 9, 2010

Worth Every Penny


There are moments in life that are worth every penny. It doesn't matter what the cost, what the sacrifice, for "that moment" is to be treasured. I just had one of those "moments" as I was finishing up mowing my lawn when to my excitement I heard the enlightening tunes of the ice cream truck. I scooped Parker off the lawn and made for the piggy bank inside the house. Having successfully secured sufficient coinage we went to the "music trukkk" and purchased summer's sweetest treat and together ate our popsicles on the front porch. The brief conversation that ensued was pleasant:

"Parker, how old are you going to be?"

"Tuu"

"Are you going to see some horses for your birthday?"

As if there were no doubt in his mind he replied, "Horses!!!!"

Having completed our popsicles and bonded as father and son, we went back to work in the yard, looking forward to another summer moment such as this, a moment that not even pictures can do justice to (but here are some pictures anyway)

No comments: