Saturday, October 23, 2010

Date Night in SLC


We had to leave this raspberry lovin' munchkin for a weekend in Salt Lake City. Thanks to Grandma Vicki and Grandpa Carl we were able to have a little getaway for a night out on Friday, October 15, and Temple and shopping on Saturday the 16. It is a weird feeling not to have Parker around for that long, but is it also fun to getaway with a little less stress on our plate.
We had a blast eating at Smashburger and playing miniature golf andarcades at Boondocks. I felt like we were in our dating days again.
Saturday we were able to actually sleep in! We got up ate, and walked briskly to make the 10:00 session at the Salt Lake Temple. It was a wonderful time away from the world. Although I will say that I am feeling that 7 1/2 months pregnant feeling of sitting a little too long and getting hot flashes. I thought I was going to pass out a few times, but no worries we made it.
After the temple, we were able to walk around a bit, then on to some Christmas shopping. It was pretty productive and we are getting closer to being done.
All in all it was a wonderful couple of days, but fun to get back to the Parker man!
Not too much has changed is six years, right?
Devin, me, Britt, and her friend Mike
Gotta pull the funny faces
Skee ball and B-ball champion! Still got it even with this belly!

3 comments:

Diane said...

You guys look great! I'm glad you had a fun weekend. Good luck with that baby coming soon! Love you!

Christy said...

Is that her friend, or her "friend"? ;)

Your drive to Arizona makes me feel pain. I hated riding in the car from about 5 months on! Ugh! Glad Parker did so well. DVD players are a must!

The Christians said...

You still look fabulous!