Saturday, December 25, 2010

I'll Be Home for Christmas


"Home" for the holidays took on a whole new meaning this Christmas. Though Melissa loved the repeats of "The Christmas Story" and the "gourmet cooking" of the hospital, "home" was where she wanted to be and "home" is where we were for Christmas. It didn't matter that Santa delivered at 9 AM or that Santa went cookieless the night before. In fact many of the "traditions" of Christmas were modified or missed. But this didn't seem to matter. What seemed to matter was that we were "home" as a family. And sothis Christmas we truly understood what Bing Crosby was singing when he said, "for the holidays it is home sweet home".
Getting ready to leave the hospital
Home sweet home

4 comments:

Shadoe said...

Congrats!!!! He is adorable and we are soooo excited for you. I wish I was closer to get in line to get my baby fix in but just give him a hug for me and keep posting pictures. Great Job.

Mower Family said...

Congrats you guys! He is so precious! I'm so excited for your family! Although I AM a little jealous...I'm ready to have our baby! This Wednesday is the day for us! Congrats again!! And hopefully we'll see you soon...we have missed you guys!

Jamie said...

Congratulations! And Melissa, you look amazing!

The Christians said...

Yeah!! Congrats! He is beautiful. You and your holiday birthdays. Melissa you look amazing. We miss and love you guys.