Friday, July 18, 2008

Welfare and Humanitarian Aide










What an amazing set up the Church really has! I decided to do a little post about the wonderful weekend we had on July 11-12. Bishop Labrum had made all these arrangements in advance to go to Wefare Square and the Humanitarian Center. It gave the youth of our ward an idea of just how big the efforts of the church are around the world. I had been there long ago and had forgotten the impact we truly have. We had the chance of being able to do a couple hours of service at each place and then were taken on a tour by the missionaries. Our youth were quite amazing and worked so well all day long.
On Saturday we were able to go to the Jordan River Temple to perform baptisms for the dead. It was neat to be in a different temple than Manti and see how those same ordinances are performed wherever you go!

While we were there a few of us leaders had an amazing experience. We were sitting in the visitor's room when I spotted Elder Russell M. Nelson. We, of course, had to ambush him and shake his hand. I get the chills just thinking about it. He is truly a man of God! He was so kind and meek to us crazy women. I will never forget my joy, nor the feeling I had in seeing the mantle this man has as one of the quorum of the twelve!





1 comment:

Cammie said...

You guys sure had a busy week. I can't believe you are still standing after all that service!!