Saturday, November 22, 2008

GAME DAY!




Rise and Shout the Cougars are out!  As faithful fans would have it I have been up for 20 minutes, changed Parker, listened to the Ohio State Fight Song and then listened to the BYU fight song.  As you might expect, the family is divided on this game and the fight for Parker's allegiance hangs in the balance.  Mom claims victory as she witnessed laughing while she was talking about the Utes, dad on the other hand claims victory based on religious upbringing.  Personally (and unbiased I might add) say that it is all in the eyes and from day one Parker has had blue eyes, so end of story.  The experts have been saying that this is the biggest and most important game they have ever played.  I would have to agree based on what is on the line for both teams but little do they know what is on the line for this Cougar fan.  Not only is Parker up for grabs but also a full year of in-law taunting that could affect the Christmas giving and receiving.  Surely the food portions will be limited upon visits to family as well.  Yeah there is a lot riding on this game because my size and athletic ability doesn't score me points with the in-laws so this is my only source of supremacy over the 6 foot 7 brother in law.  So far my Red Sox have held their own since joining the family and my Cougs are split.  Yeah, I need this one or else that shed we built out back is looking mighty cozy for the winter!  GO COUGS!

PREDICTION: Dad - BYU 34   UTAH 31
Mom - UTAH 21 BYU 14
Parker - Cougs win based on mascot!  (although I better keep relations good with mommy)

2 comments:

Cammie said...

Rise and Shout the Cougars and Max Hall Suck. Well the harrasment begins and will never end. And by the way no Fruit of the Forest pie for you on Thanksgiving.
Love Always
Christian

Stan and Mel said...

Go Utes! I am glad my husband and I are both U grads and Ute fans so there will be no question what team our kids will be rooting for. Tell Devin not to take the loss to hard :)
(This is Melanie, his friend from HS)