Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Still divine at 29!

Birthdays sometimes seem like just another day when you get to be an adult.  Back in the day birthdays were anticipated for months and the excitement would build and build.  Yesterday I felt like a kid again and went to sleep so happy and a little worn out from such an awesome birthday. I will say that I have the best family and friends in the world who made my birthday a memorable 29!  
It all started at 6:30 a.m. I went out to meet my friends for our morning walk and found them standing on the driveway with balloons, candy, and COLDSTONE cupcakes!  I was so shocked and so happy!  Tiff, Amanda, Christy, and Jacqueline were so sweet.  After the walk we came back an devoured those cupcakes!  They were divine!
Devin then surprised me with homemade yummy waffles, strawberries and whip cream; a wonderful breakfast!  After that he called my mom to come over and watch Parker because he had planned a canoe ride and picnic lunch at Joe's Valley.  It was so much fun and we couldn't have asked for better weather.  The reservoir was like glass.  It was a gorgeous site to enjoy all by ourselves.  Alone time that doesn't happen all that often.  :)  
Later that evening, my mom made us an awesome dinner with BBQ balsamic chicken, corn on the cob, potatoes, salad, and cheesecake!  Thanks mom!  You're the best!  She again watched Parker for us as we went to the movie "Up".  Alone time once again.  It was a great movie to top off the night.  I recommend it!
I truly felt loved with the many phone calls from family and friends throughout the day and am so thankful for each one of you!  You made my day!
My husband is one of a kind and knows how to treat a girl!  I was reminded once again yesterday why I married him!  He treats me like a queen!  Thanks honey!  And Parker, he doesn't realize it, but he makes me happy every day and yesterday he was so good and everything went so smooth with him to make the day even better!
Life is still divine at 29!




4 comments:

Cammie said...

What a wonderful birthday. Your brother could use some birthday planning skills!!

The Christians said...

What a great day. We sure love you guys!!

Christy said...

The cupcakes looked sooooo good! Sorry I couldn't stay and partake, gotta lose those last few pounds! I bet you find it hard to believe that I'm serious about weight loss, after I told you all the desserts I ate yesterday...

Glad you had a great birthday! We still need to go to lunch, my treat!

Unknown said...

it sounds like you had an amazing birthday! :D cold stone cupcakes sound amazing right now! yumm. guess what? i work there now! :) yay. i hope i don't get fat. lol