Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Road Racing is a different realm!

I've started a new kick with running!  A sprinter going distance! I decided that I needed a goal to push myself to keep going... a half-marathon.  On Sept. 12th I am going to run the "Little Grand Canyon" half over by San Rafael Swell.  So, over the 4th, we were in Cedar and I found a 5K to run.  I was so full of adrenaline that I couldn't wait for that gun to go off!  When it came down to the last stretch Dev was there with Parker in the stroller just cheering me on.  I found a little more energy and sprint to the finish line!  I'll just say it is good to have one under the belt, but I need a lot more before I am comfortable for the half marathon.  
What form?  Gotta work on that for the road!


Not to bad for the first 5K


Thank goodness for the athletic supporters!

3 comments:

Cammie said...

That is great! You probably beat people that had been training for years!!

Tara said...

Ummm..you never told me you were going to be in Cedar for the 4th! What's up with that! Oh and you never called me back so we could plan another day :) Good Job! You look like a true running professional. Call me when you have time. Love ya!

Mower Family said...

Way to go Melis! You look so great!! And Happy (way-belated)Birthday!