Tuesday, October 7, 2008

General Conference





I love General Conference.  It is a time when we can sit at the feet of prophets.  We were particularly excited for conference because we were going to spend it in Cedar City with family.  We also were excited because it was Parker's first conference (I know we over do our "firsts" but that's just the way it is).  We wanted to start a tradition for him that would teach him to learn to love the Prophets.  After coming up with something we went forward with it and enjoyed our conference experience.  I soon learned that there are some traditions that you don't have to think of, they just happen and that was Parker sleeping quietly through conference, something dad never would teach his son.  This is one tradition that is difficult to give up and Parker seems to be following in dad's footsteps.  We did enjoy the time with family and mom and dad were grateful for the constant and eager care given to Parker.

2 comments:

Cammie said...

Parker slept through conference! I'm shocked!!

Lindsay said...

It was so fun having you here! Next time though, I'm stealing Parker from Grandpa so that I can finally have a turn!