Monday, November 23, 2009

New Challenges!

On Sunday, November 1, we left Cedar City in time to make it home for an interview with the Stake Presidency.  The whole week before that I kept telling Devin it was for him.  I kept brushing off any feeling that it just might be for me.  When we walked in the church, I felt an overwhelming sense of anxiety and nervousness that I couldn't deny.  Yeah, it most definitely was something for me.  As we entered the office we said our hellos, and President Sharp proceed to ask if I would be the new 2nd counselor in the Stake Primary Presidency.  I just turned to Devin and said, "Wow, the first male in the Primary Presidency!"   We all chuckled, but then the tears came and I said that I would accept.  I just thought, really me?  I'm not old enough to be in that position.  I guess I am almost 30.  It is very overwhelming to think of the responsibilities that we have, but I know Heavenly Father is there to guide us and set our feet on the path He needs us to follow.  These children are so precious to Him and we are there to serve and help those that are teaching them.  Many times I just have to remind myself to take it one day and a time with one foot in front of the other.  It will work if we trust and follow that great gift of the spirit.  
I am so grateful for a loving Father in Heaven who knows me and my needs. Who gives me little reassurances everyday that He is aware of me.  I most definitely need his strength to keep going every day.  I can only do what I can do and then He makes up for what I lack, which is a lot!  He is the best!  My Savior has been through it all and he knows how to pick me up if I run to him!  Thank goodness for the gospel and the joy we find in it.  Thank goodness for a family to is amazing, especially Devin who is so supportive to me even when he has his plate full too!  I love my little Parker!  He is my joy!  I am just a lucky woman to have it all!

4 comments:

Tara said...

You are so inspiring me to me:) Thank you for being so strong and for being such a great example to me. It is so hard to remember that every calling we get is from the Lord and there is a definite reason we are there, so thanks for reminding me. Hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving! I love and miss you lots!

Mel Bernard said...

You will do GREAT!!!

The Christians said...

You will be amazing! It was so fun to see you. You and Devin are the kind of people that just make us and everyone smile and feel wonderful. Thanks I love you infinity + 1.

Cammie said...

You go girl!