Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday Best

I remember when I was a priest in Aaronic Priesthood when I wore a shirt that wasn't appropriate to bless the sacrament in. My dad took that as an opportunity to teach me a lesson. He simply asked me not to wear that next time as that was not how Priesthood holders dressed while officiating in such a sacred ordinance. Lesson learned and it has been nothing but Sunday best from that moment on.

I couldn't help but think of that story as I saw Parker sporting the white shirt and tie today as we were getting ready to go to church. I couldn't help but think of the distant day when he too will hold the Priesthood and will be wearing his Sunday best and officiating in the sacred ordinances.

1 comment:

Gale Family said...

They always look so grown up when wearing a white shirt and tie. Love it:) He is ADORABLE!